Monday, June 30, 2008

Drivers are starting to drive slower and slower....Good for them

Today, as I was driving home from the park, on a side road, I noticed I was behind a car that was going 20 MPH under the speed limit. I thought, 10 MPH under would have been good enough, but then I realized that I felt good only driving at 30 MPH because it is saving me gas.

For years, us drivers have been speeding like there was no tomorrow. We are always in a hurry to get somewhere, we are always rushing! I'm not glad that the gas prices are rising, but one thing that the new gas prices has taught me is that it is OK to slow down and to see what I'm passing by.

I've never been a speeder Per Se, but I have usually been in a rush to get somewhere, on time, my entire life. Now that I am focusing on using less gas, I have realized that by slowing down to save gas is something that I have to control. By control, I mean allowing myself to slow down and stop being so anxious to get to the next destination. You see, I noticed that going faster is like an addiction. When going fast, you feel like you have power over yourself and nothing can interfere, until you get that big speeding ticket...Hahahahahaha. So, now I have realized that if I control my speed by going slower, without becoming anxious to go faster, then I have conquered 1 tiny battle I have within myself. Plus I save a bit of gas in doing so.

No comments: